Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!!


Today is Valentines Day, and no matter weather you have a partner or not there is someone out there that loves you. So today is a celebration of love, and to commemorate this i have some quotes and poems to share with you all. I hope you enjoy them.



Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Lord Alfred Tennyson

For Love is Immortality.
 Emily Dickinson

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
Robert frost

They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but love.
William Shakespeare

When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep. 
 Khalil Gibran

Life without love, is like a tree without blossom and fruit
 Khalil Gibran

And when I shall die, take him and cut him up in little stars, and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will fall in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.
Juliet- Shakespeare

Kiss me and you shall see stars, love me and I'll give them to you.
Tinkerbell

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.
Hellen Keller
Oh, thou art fairer than the evening air Clad in the beauty of a thousand stars.
Christopher Marlowe



I carry your heart with me

carry your heart with me(I carry it in
my heart)I am never without it(anywhere
I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
I fear
no fate(for you are my fate, my sweet)I want
no world(for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart(I carry it in my heart)
E.E.Cummings



Longing

Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again!
For so the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.

Come, as thou cam'st a thousand times,
A messenger from radiant climes,
And smile on thy new world, and be
As kind to others as to me!

Or, as thou never cam'st in sooth,
Come now, and let me dream it truth,
And part my hair, and kiss my brow,
And say, My love why sufferest thou?

Come to me in my dreams, and then
By day I shall be well again!
For so the night will more than pay
The hopeless longing of the day.
Matthew Arnold



She Walks In Beauty

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellowed to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

One shade the more, one ray the less,
Had half impaired the nameless grace
Which waves in every raven tress,
Or softly lightens o'er her face;
Where thoughts serenely sweet express
How pure, how dear their dwelling place.

And on that cheek, and o'er that brow,
So soft, so calm, yet eloquent,
The smiles that win, the tints that glow,
But tell of days in goodness spent,
A mind at peace with all below,
A heart whose love is innocent!
Lord Byron


Spread the love!!

xo
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...