Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fairy's!

I have been reading Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely this week ( and I am loving it by the way), and it has somewhat got me onto the topic of Fairy's. Now I have always been a fairy fan, I mean what little girl doesn't believe, or want to believe in fairy's. Whilst I was reading today a certain fairy book popped into my mind...

Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book, written by Terry Jones and Illustrated by Brian Froud.



Have any of you read/seen/heard of this book?
It was introduced to me by a friend back when I was about 12 years old, and i fell in love with it. The book reads like a diary, and follows Lady Cottington's life from early childhood to her later years. Between the pages you will find many 'pressed' fairy's in various compromising positions, complete with strange facial expressions ( mostly surprised, from the eminent page about to squash them). But don't be alarmed no fairy's were harmed in the making of this book! They are not actually pressed but have been momentarily captured then escape, and have left thir 'psychic impressions' on the page. I absolutely love this book and adults will enjoy it just as much as children. And if you love this book then you will most likely enjoy other fairy books by Brian Froud and Terry Jones; you can find them all on Amazon.

Here's an exerpt from the book:



I really can't recommend this enough for anyone who loves fairys.

Check out these 'pressed' fairy's from the book...











Arent they awesome?!!!


XO
Meg

The iron tongue of midnight hath told twelve; lovers to bed; 'tis almost fairy time.  ~William Shakespeare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...