Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wisdom for your Wednesday



This is the true joy of life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.

I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as i can live it is my privilege to do for it whatever i can.

I want to be thoroughly used up when i die, for the harder i work the more i live. I rejoice in life for it's own sake. Life is no 'brief candle' to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which i have got hold of for the moment, and i want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it in to future generations.

George Bernard Shaw




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...