Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Yoga Update

Had my first session of yoga after two weeks off yesterday, and I can tell you, you really do feel it after having a break. The classes I go to have 4 terms a year and stop for two weeks at the same time as the school holidays. And me being me didn’t do any practice at home, mostly because when it comes down to it I forget what to do because I haven’t been at it for long enough yet.

My body felt like it had had a thorough work out afterwards, I was definitely looking forward to my bed on my drive home. And today my arms and shoulders are not thanking me, but it’s a good pain. Bring on next weeks class!



If you are ever felling stressed and tired and just need a break from it all but only have limited time, I wound recommend sitting in child’s pose (balasana) for a few minutes. When ever I do this pose I feel like I just let go of everything and relax, it’s such a nice feeling.

What to do: Kneel on the floor. Touch your big toes together and sit on your heels, then separate your knees about as wide as your hips. Exhale and lay your torso down between your thighs, and rest your forehead on the ground. Broaden your sacrum across the back of your pelvis and narrow your hip points toward the navel, so that they nestle down onto the inner thighs. Lengthen your tailbone away from the back of the pelvis while you life the base of your skull away from the back of your neck. Lay your hands on the floor alongside your torso, palms up, and release the fronts of your shoulders towards the floor. You can also try the pose with the arms stretched out in front palms down.
To come out of the pose, lengthen the front torso and with an inhalation life from the lower back.




Remember to breathe deeply and slowly. Enjoy your little bit of bliss


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...