Friday, April 8, 2011

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis: For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.

With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.



This book is a guilty pleasure of mine, i say guilty because if we are being honest here Patch comes across as the kind of guy you should stay away from. But Patch is the kind of guy you just can't saty away from and Nora found this out.I can be very attracted to bad boys, and Patch has this affect on me. I like my men dark and dangerous, but also protective and brooding. Patch is all those things rolled into a tight black t-shirt complete with wings and a moody swagger.


And no i dont think this book is anything like twilight. I mean this book is about angels and twilight is about vampires and werewolfs. Not alot of similarites there apart from the romance side of things, which i also find greatly different.I admit i now crush on Patch, and i can say he is leagues better than Edward Cullen and i am a tilight fan. I may have just pissed off some twihards, Sorry about that.


This book is well written, and the relationship and converse between Nora and her best friend Vee is very real and believeable, and easy to relate to. I am writting this review a few months after reading it and its sequel so am struggling a little with giving you more details. All i can say is i really loved this book, so much so that i am willing to re-read it As soon as i can get my hands on the book again. Which seems like it might be awhile as this book as become somewhat of a hot commoditiy at my local library.


To sum up my review: Read it!! And make sure you also get the sequel (Cresendo), because after you finish the first book all your are going to want to do is read the next one. Currently I am pulling my hair out waiting for the third instalment 'Silence' which is due out in October this year.



View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...