Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yoga Update

Last week at yoga class, my teacher actually stood on me! Yep you heard right. And despite my worries of extreme pain it actually didn't hurt. She did it to push me into the position more and give me more of a challenge as i find this one particular pose quite easy.






The pose is called Baddha Konasana or is also known by the Cobbler pose and the bound angle pose. You sit with a straight back and the bottoms of your feet pressed together. You then press down with your thighs until your knees are touching the ground then you pull the inside of your feet outwards to create more pressure. Then after several breaths you lean down until your head is touching your feet. The pose works to open the hips and groin while keeping the spine long. I really love this pose, it feels fantastic.

And like i was saying i was sitting in this pose then my teacher decided to stand on me to give me more of a challenge, so she stood behind me and stepped up onto both of my thighs. I don't suggest trying to get someone to do this too you unless you are experienced at yoga or are very flexible as you could injure yourself.

Tonight I have class again so we shall see if she decides to do this again!





2 comments:

  1. One of my dreams it to go to yoga classes. It can sound too lame, a dream? But I can't find any place around with yoga.. it's so upsetting, I would love to experienced it, I'm sure I would love it and it would bring many benefits to my life.

    Love,
    Joana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joana,
    where do you live? its unsual that you can't find anyone who teaches classes, you will be surprised how many people do it. What i suggest to you would be to get a dvd so you can do it at home. Its just about as good as going to a class. And if you are ever going away somewhere for the weekend or a holiday look on the net and see if theres any classes where you are going. You should deffinately give it ago, cause it will make you feel really good. It will make you feel energised and its a great workout.

    xo
    Meg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...