Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Salad Recipe

Here’s a recipe I made the other day for a warm vegetable salad. I tried it out the other day and much to my delight all of my house mates enjoyed it. I had it along side a cooked chicken, but it will go with almost anything. Even on its own, and it’s super easy to make and seriously yummy. And I’m sorry but I forgot to take a picture of it!


You will need:
1 Eggplant
Half a butternut pumpkin
1 can of chickpeas
A hand full of sundried tomatoes
Half a small block of Feta
Some fresh chili and garlic


Peel and chop the pumpkin into small chunks and set them to boil slowly until soft and cooked.
Drain and de-skin the chickpeas and set them also to boil slowly until soft and cooked.

Cut the eggplant into small strips or chunks and add them to an oiled pan. Add into the pan a tablespoon of brown sugar to help caramelise the eggplant. Then add as much as you like of fresh garlic and chili. Stir the eggplant until it is all soft and cooked. Add in the chopped sundried tomatoes and just fry for a minute or so then turn off the heat.

Add to the pan the cooked chickpeas and pumpkin and stir. Then chop the feta into small pieces, it doesn’t matter if it crumbles into tiny bits, and add that also to the pan. Stir ingredients lightly and serve!

Let me know what you think if you give it ago.



One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.  ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti, My Own Story

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...